Friday, May 22, 2009

Bathing suits: Contrast Piping, Color Blocks, and Paneling






Get these bikini tops at http://www.figleaves.com





Michael Kors








American Apparel Bathing suits



Old Navy Bathing suit

Gap bathing suit







I have definitely noticed this swimsuit trend, and maybe it's just me but I am obsessed with it.  I just ordered the swimsuit in the second to last image.  Contrast piping, especially like in the American Apparel bathing suits, is getting huge.  I have noticed it in quite a few recent magazines, even though American Apparel has had these around for ages.  Piping in a different color can completely transform a piece...I love a different color peeking out!

Color blocking is just starting to transition from athletic apparel to other types of wear, and I hope it continues.  Why have one color when you can have more?

Paneling is super cool, because it gives it sort of a vintage feel-like you are wearing a corset/bustier, but it can be used to give something a very modern feel too.

Old Navy and Gap have cheaper versions of the trends, so definitely check their website and sale section out.  Besides swim suits, I really appreciate contrast piping/color blocking/paneling in clothing as well.  Let me know what you guys think!






13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have 4 AA swimsuits and i just love each of them so much!

Jem said...

these bathing suits are so awsome... i've been on the lookout for new suits, thanks for the suggestion of checking out AA, never would have thought to do so! thanks for the comment btw... :)
http://framestheworld.blogspot.com

FASHION CHALET said...

AA best swimsuits hands down, or I visit my Grandmother's boutique for international styles.. ;) thanks for the comment, love!




x

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

swimsuits!!! love the AA ones

Angela said...

i like the gap ones. cute.

ilikestuff said...

Ooh, that floral corset swimsuit on the bottom would look killer with a pair of slouchy boyfriend jeans! If only it snapped at the crotch...

Is This Real Life? said...

I love the AA swimsuits, they are so pretty!
Thanks so much for your sweet commnet on my blog too!

isthisreallife2.blogspot.com

Little Bow Prep said...

Interesting post!

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Madame Dior said...

i love the contrasting detail =], Oscar de la Renta did a couple of bathing suits in contrasting pipping in panels, it was amazing if only affordable =[

Anonymous said...

i love the first couple bathing suits, I saw a bunch of them on fig leaves and fantasie websites, if someone has a big chest they should definitely visit those sites for bathing suits, theyre awesome.

xoxo
neira

http://missneira.com

Anonymous said...

ahah i have the second to last one!

E said...

Omigod, I love the first set!

tdw said...

Http://daily-women.blogspot.com

News on Daily-Women, you known the new blog of two French fashionistas, Olivia & Mariam? ;) Come on. xx