Friday, May 29, 2009

Feelin' Kinda Vintage

I love these vintage net things, I don't know what the actual name for them is but they usually come attached to a pillbox hat, though this one is attached to a clip.  I adore the classy, lady-like, vintage polish it puts on any look.  I am very temped to buy this, but I have no idea where I would wear it!  Get it at Urban Outfitters.

This is a bustier by Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony.  I NEED IT.  But I can't have it.  Oh, the pain!!!  It's old, I found a picture of it on Polyvore.  Obviously the vintage part comes in with the print.  It looks like someone took a pair of vintage curtains or bed sheets or a vintage dress and fashioned it into a bustier--so cool!  I am constantly on the search for something similar to this.

I found this canteen bag on Ebay.  The long strap, round shape, and mesh material all give it a very vintage feel.  This little bag can instantly jazz up any outfit.  Perfect for an LBD, and it can look super trendy with very casual clothes too, like a pair of jeans and an oversized cardigan.
What an ethereal, perfect for spring dress from French Connection!  That button placket is perfection!  The buttons, lace, and powder blue color vintageify (JUST made up that word) this dress, while the criss-cross back makes it fashionable!  Very cute.

7 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Add me to the Chloe Sevigny/Opening Ceremony "need" list on that floral bustier (droolinggg!)

Thanks for your comment, I always say the same thing to my mom, the size tag doesn't matter, it's the fit. ;)



x

Anonymous said...

they're called french net cage blusher! =)

that bustier is gorgeous


xoxo
neira

Lydia O'Connor said...

Oh wow that bustier IS to die for.

Jem said...

love, love, love the last dress... gah, i want it so bad... it looks like something that one would wear to a proper tea party! :)

Lauren said...

oh dear lord I really need that bustier. It would look great under a loose sheer tank, plus I have a hardcore Chloe Sevigny girl crush.

LACY said...

i have been dying for one of those vintage net hats, i just luv them! :)

lacysmess.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

AUGH, so I was shopping with relatives in LA and saw a bustier JUST like the Opening Ceremony one (well, a different floral, but still EPIC, you know), but they only came in like a 28AA, and then I cried.