Thursday, May 21, 2009

Delicateness: perfected by Emma Fletcher for Lyell








I've recently started to really appreciate intricacy and delicate/detailed clothing.  Lyell, designed by Emma Fletcher, is what made me start to appreciate this.  Look at her designs...that black dress with the lace scoop front and back?  Gorgeous!  It's not your ordinary lace that you can find at forever 21 these days...it is beautiful.  Even the backdrops she uses are just like her clothes...small details that pull it together.  I want to live in the houses the pictures are taken in so bad!  Anyway for more information and photographs, visit her website at:

Her boutique is located on 173 Elizabeth Street, New York, NY 10012

I know I'm definitely living the typical college student life, meaning I don't have the money to spend on Lyell clothes whenever I want :( but Emma Fletcher's inspiration is taken from vintage photographs, so definitely check out your local vintage stores for similar items!

Also, I found this top for much cheaper at Kohls that also uses a delicate design of lace, similar to some of the designs found in Lyell clothing.  I will probably get it.


Here is the link: 

Thanks for taking the time to read this!  I hope you are as inspired as I was by her designs! :)

9 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

Great images!
thanks for your comment too!

isthisreallife2.blogspot.com

E said...

That black dress is definitely my fav and I'm very tempted by the cheaper version you found at Kohls...

Beth Dunn said...

Really pretty. I love the 1st black dress! xo

Jem said...

i love these photographs they are just as beautyful as the clothes themselves! thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog... it made my day! i agree with you... Hrithik is totally dreammy :)

Angela said...

these are all great pieces.

chalortte said...

I love the 3° images !

LF said...

her designs are sooo inspiring! love the backdrops as well, that last photo is fantastic!

hey thanks for stopping by HippieFrouFrou!

jess s//

Unknown said...

charming clothes and awesome photoshoot.

http://ineedaguide.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

these are all such great pieces

and yeah i looooove beacons closet, theres so much stuff there